This position is responsible for the design, implementation, adoption and execution of the IT division’s financial management practices. He/ she is responsible for conducting analysis of IT financial needs for technology management/investment, actual expenditure and providing the CIO and IT Senior Management with information and reports intended to influence decision making regarding technology spend. This position is viewed as a trusted advisor within IT and the organization at large, providing in-depth analysis and impacts of potential and realized financial decisions for technology spend.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to Manager, IT Finance.
Activities of Direct Reports:
This position has no direct reports.
· Regular contact with the CIO and other IT Management personnel
· Serves as liaison to and maintains regular contact with areas outside the IT division including; Legal, Corporate Planning & Budget, Strategic Sourcing, Vendor Management, Human Resources, Project Office, Project Delivery and General Accounting.
· Contact with other IT internal process owners and processes, such as the IT Steering Committee, Change Approval Board, and other governance committees
· Contacts with vendors and their Vendor / Contract Management and Accounting departments.
· Attends outside meetings as directed, making presentations when necessary.
· Serves as liaison between IT and external auditors/examiners.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or IT. If Degree is non-IT, minimum of 1 year technology experience and/or coursework required. MBA or CPA preferred. Four (4) years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree as appropriate.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in finance or technology procurement with IT management
· Requires a good knowledge of operational accounting in an IT environment
· Must have demonstrated experience with a broad range of IT disciplines
· Must have working knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management principals and processes including the ability to assign costs to technology and services
· Experience monitoring and reporting project costing preferred
· Requires a broad knowledge of accounting and financial principles, practices, and procedures
· Requires a working knowledge of financial systems
· Requires demonstrable experience in process design and execution of ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) operations
· Requires demonstrable experience in conducting IT Financial analysis and reporting
· Strong negotiating and influencing skills
Process & Administration
· Ability to grasp organization’s short and long term priorities and develop systems, processes, and policies to support the achievement in a cost effective manner
· Excellent administration skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Understands re-engineering processes and large scale system changes
· Promote & sell the enterprise-wide point of view
· Ability to escalate timely and with a positive, collaborative style
· Negotiate a solution when several opposing viewpoints/alternatives exist.
Influence & Persuasion/ Relationship Management
· Ability to respond timely and efficiently to IT professionals and quickly develop relationships with IT leaders in the organization
· Contribute as a thought leader within specialization of IT finance
· Ability to lead and influence IT professionals and quickly develop relationships with IT leaders in the organization to build credibility with business leaders
· Understand opposing perspectives and make decisions in the best interest of the enterprise
· Continuous development in the IT Financial Planning & Analysis, Procurement and Vendor Management areas.
· Understand the individual goals of the specific business units & functional areas of IT teams.
· Ability to coordinate participation of technology leaders throughout the IT organization.
· Ability to conduct fact-finding or planning workshops that have a specific deliverable and timeframe.
Verbal & Written Communication
· Strong communication skills between business and technical teams.
· Ability to explain complex, technical concepts into clear, business-oriented and concise communications.
· Ability to present IT financial information to large audiences in a clear and concise manner.
Establish and maintain effective integrations with other organizational functions including but not limited to Legal, Corporate Planning & Budget, Strategic Sourcing, General Accounting and Asset Management.
Provide expert guidance and analysis in the development and monitoring of project budgets.
May lead cost benefit analysis and return on investment analysis. Provide analysis and reporting that will be key to application rationalization initiatives.
Conduct financial analysis and produce financial reports, metrics and key performance indicators to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan.
Define and maintain Total Cost of Ownership practice, tools, and models which distributes IT financial budget, plans and actuals to technical services, applications, projects, and lines of business.
Design, communicate, and lead IT Management in the development of the IT divisional budget, ensuring that the budget is within corporate parameters, timelines, and supports the organization’s operational and strategic priorities.
Design, communicate and implement IT expenditure monitoring processes to ensure IT remains within targets and adheres to the organization’s financial policy and accounting principles.
Conduct long-range IT Finance planning, including “what-if” and cash-flow analysis, providing information and insight to the CIO and IT Management in support of data driven decision-making.
Contribute to an IT Finance roadmap reflecting continued service improvements of the IT FP&A function which is based on guidance from authoritative sources and organizational direction.
May perform general IT accounting reconciliation activities.
Design and maintain financial projection models, which leverage past and current trends and consider industry, technological and organizational influences.
May perform IT requisition and contract coordination and management activities.
Design and implement process interfaces which integrate the IT division’s budget development processes with annual planning and ongoing portfolio management processes.
Provide assistance, data, and / or reports on ad hoc general requests.
May provide training to new IT Management and refresher training as needed.
Understands IT Departmental Goals and Objectives and delivers work products to contribute to those goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities (essential functions) of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
· Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
· The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.