Salary: $22.10 - $29.96 hourly
$3,830.00 - $5,193.00 monthly
Job Number: LASERS-03171601
LASERS requires all new hires to serve a minimum of eighteen (18) months not to exceed twenty-four (24) months in probational status including permanent state employees.
As part of a Career Progression Group, vacancies may be filled from this recruitment as a Auditor 1, Auditor 2, or Auditor 3, depending on the level of experience of the selected applicant. The maximum salary for the Auditor 3 is $76,336. Please refer to the Job Specifications tab located at the top of the LA Careers 'Current Job Opportunities' page of the Civil Service website for specific information on salary ranges, minimum qualifications and job concepts for each level.
The Audit Services Division of the Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System (LASERS) is currently hiring for an Auditor 1, 2, or 3 position. This position offers a great opportunity in the Baton Rouge area to work in a team oriented environment and to learn about all aspects of LASERS.
We are looking for a candidate that is highly motivated, a quick learner and able to adapt as needed. This position interacts with all levels of management and must possess strong communication skills (written and oral). The candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to solve problems and be willing to pursue professional certifications that pertain to the position. The candidate must also be a self-starter and display critical thinking when conducting reviews. A minimal amount of travel is required for this position (5-10%).
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
· Performing risk assessments.
· Planning, leading, and executing reviews conducted by LASERS Internal Audit Division (which may include specialized areas of Information Technology and Investments).
· Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls.
· Preparing work papers to document work performed and to support the conclusions reached.
· Preparing reports to effectively communicate the results of reviews.
· Managing time and resources to achieve deadlines for multiple projects.
LASERS offers an excellent benefit package and a competitive starting salary.
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.