- This position is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and oversight of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program, which includes anticipating issues and recommending corrective measures. As part of the ERM Program, this position will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and evaluating risks to BCBSLA, collecting, validating, and evaluating risk mitigation plans and activities to ensure risk is mitigated to an acceptable level, working with risk and business owners to help develop risk mitigation action plans in order for the Company to achieve its objectives, and monitoring risks from a strategic, financial, operational and external perspective. This position will also support the processes related to risk prevention, mitigation, and transfer as well as exploring for additional unidentified issues associated with identified risks.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Risk Management and Audit Consulting Services for Human Resource administration and annual performance reviews and to the Risk Management Manager for daily work assignments..
- To do this job effectively the incumbent has to be in contact with: inter-company risk committee, senior management, business/cost center owners, and various functions that support Enterprise Risk Management such as Compliance and Internal Audit.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field is required. Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree. Advanced degree and/or Risk/Audit certification such as CIA, CRMA, CISA, CRISC, CFE, CRM, or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in one or a combination of the following areas: internal audit, project management, business process improvement, or accounting/finance. Operational, Information Technology, Enterprise Risk Management experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and report preparation skills with highest degree of accuracy are required.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information to Executive Management and all levels of employees.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of business processes and related internal controls.
- Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (or other data analytic tool), including experience using lookups, pivot tables, and macros.
- Must possess excellent PC skills, a working knowledge of skills in Excel, Word, and Visio.
- Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate effectively in department and cross-departmental efforts.
- Assist in the development of the Enterprise Risk Management program while demonstrating sound judgment and decision making, commitment to tasks, persistence in overcoming obstacles, dependability in difficult circumstances, and a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Assist the Risk Management Manager with the execution of an Enterprise Risk Management program in order to provide support of the Company’s achievement of its corporate strategic initiatives.
- Actively engages in the annual enterprise risk assessment exercise, including working with business owners to identify risks in their areas and in coordinating efforts with internal audit.
- Identification of risks and opportunities and implementation of measures to manage, reduce, or eliminate potential losses associated with key business units, processes, and goals of the organization.
- Participates in the identification, definition, development and monitoring of key risk indicators.
- Monitor key performance, key risk, and key control indicators to support management and board-level reporting.
- Analyze and validate mitigating activity information obtained from business areas for the purposes of residual risk assessments and risk reporting.
- Actively involved with developing and maintaining Enterprise Risk Management policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Engages and assists business owners in designing and developing their area’s risk plans to address identified risks and support the Company’s achievement of its corporate strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates leadership with educating risk owners, creating a risk conscious culture and increasing awareness of how to manage risks and how to structure their area to be accountable for risk management in conjunction with the ERM program.
- Actively monitor risk levels within business units to reduce or eliminate losses. Manage the relationship with compliance and audit disciplines to ensure operational controls are effectively mitigating risk and operating as intended to provide support of the company's achievement of goals.
- Engages in ongoing efforts to ensure the ERM Program complies with or meets the standards of our rating agency (Standard and Poor’s) and regulators. Including assisting in the preparation of the Own Risk Solvency Act (ORSA) required by the NAIC.
- Support Enterprise Risk Management with special projects and other duties as assigned.